My $700 Billion Bailout Plan

In case your wondering, this is how Michigan voted for the bailout:

Democrats
John Conyers, Detroit: No
John Dingell, Dearborn: Yes
Dale Kildee, Flint: Yes
Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, Detroit: No
Sander Levin, D-Royal Oak: Yes
Bart Stupak, Bay City: No
Republicans
David Camp, Midland: Yes
Vern Ehlers, Grand Rapids: Yes
Peter Hoekstra, Holland: No
Joe Knollenberg, Bloomfield Hills: No
Thaddeus McCotter, Livonia: No
Candice Miller, Harrison Township: No
Mike Rogers, Brighton: No
Fred Upton, St. Joseph: Yes
Tim Walberg, Tipton: No

Source: Associated Press

Also, be sure to get involved and contact your reps and let your voice be heard, if their website ever goes back up :)



BWlog 10.01.08 My $700 Billion Bailout Plan from BW Roberts on Vimeo.


2 comments:

  1. Zondervan Life

    I would come with you to financial peace country ben. I can't believe more people aren't on board. I also can't believe you told the world you have time to blog before your boss gets to work. Thanks alot.

     
  2. Anonymous

    Ben,
    I actually wrote Upton, Stabenaw, and that other guy who "represents" us (Levin?) and told them I don't support the bailout, and if it passes I won't be buying the Suburban I planned to in a few years and would buy foreign instead. I also asked each one what actual DATA and statistics they used to arrive at their decision to support their planned yes vote. Stabenow emailed me back and said she agrees with me and is doing all she can to get this thing passed-(WHAT?????), Levin went AWOL and never responded, and Upton sent me a 2 page letter explaining blah blah too big to fail blah blah not acting worse than spending blah blah......blah.....blah. I know jobs would be lost, but the entire American industry is NOT going out of business. It's not that black and white-it will stop when supply meets demand. Why won't anyone tell me what data they based their decision on? I have to believe there isn't any! They must be listening to the fear mongering media. Whoa! What was that? Was that the sky falling?

     

Post a Comment